Friday, November 21, 2008

Am I all in?

Am I all in?

This question has really been on my mind this week. As any poker players know being all in is pushing all you chips in and betting the farm on one hand. The question for me has been have i pushed all my chips in for Christ? Am I holding back a stack because I am worried there is a better hand out there? I think that since I have to ask myself this question the answer must be NO. Jesus is so clear that he wants all of us or nothing but why do I hold back. I KNOW that I have the best hand and am sure to win. WHY CAN'T I PUSH IN THE CHIPS?
This last week we went to Zion Wesleyan Church and after pastor Chris got done sharing their pastor Bill Roy really challenged his church. He was holding us up as an example of being all in for Christ. I was really uncomfortable with that. Am I trying to lead a fully committed life to Christ? Does the work of Christ come first,above ALL else?
I pray that God will help me have the courage to play for keeps. Unlike poker their is only one hand dealt in life. Why am I trying to hold back chips that are going to be of no use? I need to have the audacity to push in my pile and rest in the assurance that I have the best cards.


“Our greatest fear as individuals and as a church should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don’t really matter.”


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic challenge for us all...thank you for asking a tough question and being real in your own answer. That's where it starts...

Sarah Alderman said...

I love you. Thank you for being a Man of God who challanges me to be a more devoted and loving child of God.