Friday, September 26, 2008

Hold fast to the vision.

These days are quite exciting for all of us working on bringing God's vision of Crosswinds Church ever closer to reality. As I have struggled in my small human mind with all the what-ifs and no ways, God has continued to tell me to trust. To remain. To persevere.

I have a tendancy to try to put God in a box that my mind can fathom. I see him as only as big as my biggest problem or greatest accomplishment. This of course is not my God! Isaiah 55 tells me His ways are not my ways and His thoughts are not my thoughts for as the heavens are higher than the earth......

I came across that scripture again this week when I really needed it. Man am I glad I cannot fathom God or his plans because honestly mine stink. God has a plan for Crosswinds Church and I know in my heart it is going to be awesome. He has given me a this opportunity to serve him and it is now up to me to not waiver, not to second guess or question, but to believe that He has promised and will deliver.


I found this and wish I could have put it this succinctly:


God promises and he delivers. One can never doubt that in life. There are times when it seems like the end is so close, yet one must remain faithful to the promise and to the vision that God has placed in his heart. To do anything more, to think in terms of doom, to plan for destruction or alternatives is to fail before any kind of failure has occurred.

Psalms 46:13 “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, through the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging.

Isaiah 49:1-4 “Listen to me, you islands; hear this, you distant nations: Before I was born the Lord called me; from my birth he has made mention of my name. He made my mouth like a sharpened sword , in the shadow of his hand he hid me; he made me into a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver. He said to me, “You are my servant, Israel, in whom I will display my splendor.” But I said, “I have labored to no purpose; I have spent my strength in vain and for nothing. Yet what is due me is in the Lord’s hand, and my reward is with my God.

No comments: